Here is your weekly dose of Female Foodie Friday, a list of personal highlights on my FAVORITE day of the week, food related or not. This post contains affiliate links.
Highs of the Week
- This week was filled with a lot of highs! Mostly because of our trip up the coast of California. We started in Orange County, and this past week spent some time in Santa Barbara (which is gorgeous BTW), Oakland/SF, and finally in Santa Rosa.
- We tried to complete most of our drive going up the PCH, which was truly magical- I’d highly recommend. It got more and more gorgeous as we made our way north.
- Neither of us have ever been to Santa Rosa but it is quickly becoming our new fav place. It’s beautiful, not too crowded, really friendly locals, and LOTS of good food (and dessert)!
- New triathlon top for this weekend- I love how simple it is!
- Finally tried THIS San Francisco Bakery and it didn’t disappoint!
- Another grey t-shirt and it’s comfy as all get out.
- And some great ice cream at Fenton’s in Oakland (pictured above). What a fun spot.
- One last week of Ironman training. Have absolutely loved biking, swimming, and running on the beach. #smitten
- Simply put, we ate a lot of great food this week. Thanks so much for everyone who shared their favorite spots!
- A new book for summer reading.
- IRONMAN Santa Rosa is tomorrow! I can’t believe it’s here! So many months of training and anticipation. Blood, sweat, and possibly tears too. Truly thankful for all of the support and “good luck” messages I’ve gotten all week! Here’s to hoping I can cross that finish line!
Lows of the Week
- Saying goodbye to my sis and her family on Sunday. I don’t get to see her enough!
- Nervous butterflies allll week, but they keep telling me that’s a good thing.
- Because it reminds me of one of my fav movies. 10 bucks if you know which one I’m talking about.
And Just In Case You Missed It
- Salt Lake City: Shirokuma
- Washington D.C.: Founding Farmers
- Top 10 Donut Shops in Los Angeles
- Utah County: Seven Brothers
- 15 Best Restaurants in Downtown Salt Lake City
- Los Angeles: Open Source Organics
- Detroit: Dime Store
- 101 Things To Do in Salt Lake City
Latest posts by Brooke Eliason (see all)
- The 5 Best Cups of Hot Chocolate in Salt Lake City - December 11, 2017
- Top 15 Burgers in Salt Lake City - December 5, 2017