Beautiful, glorious Tasty n Sons. It only took one meal at this Portland eatery to be 100% sold on their approach to small plates. Delicious small plates at that. A sister restaurant to the popular steakhouse, Tasty n Alder, Tasty n Sons serves progressive American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the heart of PDX. Among other restaurants, it is one of our top choices for dining in Portland.
Even if you aren’t accustomed to the popular trend of “family style” meals or food served on small plates, I highly recommend taking a leap of faith during your next visit at Tasty n Sons. Their entire menu is catered to this tapas approach and was such a fun experience to share among our group of 8 ladies. We insisted the server provide her favorite recommendations, which is exactly what we ordered.
What we ordered:
- Chocolate potato doughnuts- because what is a breakfast in Portland without a delicious donut? The decadent, sugary sauce (?) served alongside was to die for.
- Maple bacon wrapped dates- with a sneaky almond hidden in the middle.
- Tasty steak & cheddar eggs- one of the best things we had. The cornmeal pancake paired with jalapeño butter was something we had never experienced before.
- Breakfast board- if you’re a fan of charcuterie boards you’ll love the spin Tasty n Sons does on this dish! Ours came with fresh bread, bacon, soft boiled eggs, beets, grapes, and a side of foie gras.
- Burmese red pork stew- we’ll venture to say this was the best thing on the breakfast/brunch menu. Picture delicious stewed pork served with rice and an over-easy egg. Say hello to your new favorite breakfast.
Things We Want To Order Next Time:
- Smoked salmon hash- with horseradish and an over easy egg? Come to mama.
- Shakshuka- we eyed several other diners with this breakfast item and concurred that it looked amazing.
- Chilaquiles- there is nothing better than chilaquiles done right and, assuming that this dish is just as “on par” with the rest, we can’t wait to try it.
- Auntie Paula’s French Toast- four words: pear. maple. whipped. cream.
An incredible place to eat in Portland whether you’re with a group of girlfriends, family, or dining solo. Thanks for the delicious brunch, Tasty n Sons. We can’t wait to come back!
Tasty n Sons (3808 N. Williams, Suite C, Portland, OR // 503.621.1400)