Here is your weekly dose of Female Foodie Friday, a list of personal highlights on my FAVORITE day of the week, food related or not. This post contains affiliate links.
Highs of the Week
- Today is not only my birthday (27 and not mad about it), but it’s also NATIONAL DONUT DAY! Let the sun shine in. These ^^^ are some of my fav ever donuts from Blue Star in Portland.
- And speaking of Portland… If you’re headed there this summer make sure to check out our list of must tries!
- Beignets this morning from #1 on this list of best bakeries in SLC!
- Wearing dresses like this alllll summer.
- Lots of hiking this week in beautiful Millcreek Canyon. I love running and triathlon but hiking is my true love.
- Lunch with Mum and Kristin at Traeger Grills HQ. Have you ever tried smoked lasagna? Life changing.
- Also- we LOVE our Traeger and get asked all the time which one we have. This is the one.
- A webinar with the lovely Meg Miles from Momstrong Utah on Female Foodie Elite! Female Foodie Elite = my online community for bloggers and influencers who want to learn more about topics like social media, photography, SEO, etc. Check it.
- Memorial Day weekend with family up at the cabin. It is so nice to unplug, relax, and (of course) eat lots of delicious food. If you ever find yourself in Kamas make sure to eat here.
- We are totally going to Park City tonight for my bday to eat at one of these spots and I’m as happy as a clam.
Lows of the Week
- It was one of those weeks where I felt like there simply weren’t enough hours in the day to get things done!
- Ran out of these.
- I have had this on repeat (in my head & on the stereo) alllll week. It never gets old.
Contributor Spotlight: Amanda Proudfit
- Hometown and current location: Hometown is Conifer, CO. Current location is Long Beach, CA.
- Occupation: Freelance Photographer
- Favorite quote: “Work hard and be nice to people.”
- How long you’ve been with Female Foodie: since January 2016.
- Favorite Genre of Food: Appetizers!
- If you had one “last meal” what would it be and why: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Sometimes it’s the simple meals that are the best, at least to me!
- Least favorite food: Melons- watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, I can’t do it!!
- When you’re not eating you love to: go on walks (hikes if possible!) or a long road trip to get away from the city!
- One restaurant you’d recommend from your current city: La Creperie Cafe on 2nd Street! Share the onion soup, a savory crepe, and a sweet crepe with a friend and you’ve got a great meal!
- Website & Instagram: www.amandaproudfit.com, @amandaproudfit