It’s hard to resist a delicious bowl of mac and cheese, but when was the last time you had mac and cheese that made your jaw drop? Nestled in the heart of Seattle at Pike Place Market, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese makes some of the best cheese in the world. Their award-winning flagship cheese alone is worth a visit to Beecher’s. But it only takes a step inside to realize that Beecher’s not only sells their Pike Place Market made cheese, but they also serve delicious lunch and dinner items, including their “World’s Best” Mac & Cheese.
Made with their Flagship and Just Jack cheeses, this mac and cheese is absolute perfection. It’s creamy, slightly sharp, and unforgettable. Beecher’s has publically shared the Beecher’s “World’s Best” Mac & Cheese recipe online, and the best news is that with a little bit of their cheese and a few staple ingredients, you can assemble this mac and cheese in just over a half an hour. Enjoy!
Beecher's "World's Best" Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 6 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces Flagship cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (whole preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Just Jack cheese, grated (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Cook penne 2 minutes less than package directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk while whisking. Cook until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Add 1-3/4 cups Flagship cheese, 1/4 cup Just Jack cheese, salt, 1/4 tsp. chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all in¬gredients are incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl and mix carefully. Scrape into an 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chili powder.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Let Mac & Cheese sit for 5 minutes before serving.