Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies are the perfect way to use everyone’s favorite Easter candy into a sweet treat.
These blondies are simple but mighty in flavor. Made with the same ingredients required for chocolate chip cookies, except instead of using chocolate chips we’re swapping them for delicious Cadbury mini eggs.
How To Make Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
1- Prep oven & ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13″ pan and set aside. Place the Cadbury Mini Eggs in a ziplock bag and using a mallet or the bottom of a heavy glass jar, carefully hit or apply pressure to the eggs until they crack. Cadbury Mini Eggs have a natural seam down the middle, so they crack fairly easily when pressure is applied. You don’t want to completely crush your eggs, but rather encourage them to split down the middle.
2- Make the dough. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer in a large bowl for this recipe. Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until combined. Add all of the dry ingredients at once, including the flour, kosher salt, and baking soda, and mix again until just combined. Mix in half of the cracked eggs by hand.
3- Press and bake. Scrap the dough out of the mixing bowl and into the greased pan, and use an offset spatula to spread the dough until even. Take the remaining cracked Cadbury Mini Eggs and lightly press them into the top of the dough with the shells facing up and the exposed chocolate facing down. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the blondies are fragrant and the baked dough is golden brown around the edges. Once removed from the oven, sprinkle the blondies with flaky sea salt.
4- Cool and serve. Allow the blondies to completely cool. Slice them with a knife or bench scraper and serves. These Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies are best eaten the day of, but stay good for 3-5 days when stored in an airtight container.
Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
- 1 9-oz. package Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- flaky sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13" pan and set aside. Place the Cadbury Mini Eggs in a ziplock bag and using a mallet or the bottom of a heavy glass jar, carefully hit or apply pressure to the eggs until they crack and split. Set eggs aside.
- In a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt all at once, and mix until just combined. Using a spatula, fold in half of the cracked Cadbury Mini Eggs by hand.
- Scrape the dough from the mixing bowl and into the greased pan. Use an offset spatula to spread the dough evenly into the pan. Take the remaining cracked Cadbury Mini Eggs and lightly press them into the top of the dough with the shells facing up and the exposed chocolate facing down. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until you can smell the blondies they are golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Allow blondies to completely cool. Cut with a bench scraper or knife and serve.