Is there anything more delicious than a chocolate crinkle cookie? Fudgy and chocolatey on the outside, crackly and coated with the powdered sugar on the outside? We think not.
Inspired by the Three Girls Bakery in Seattle, this chocolate crinkle cookie is easy to make. Like classic chocolate chip cookie easy to make plus one simple step of rolling the dough in both granulated and powdered sugar (a little trick that will keep your powdered sugar from absorbing into your cookie dough!).
How To Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
You’ll first combine your butter and sugars. Cream them together in a stand mixer, and once everything is smooth add the eggs and vanilla.
You’ll add all of your dry ingredients all at once (including one cup of special dark cocoa powder). Make sure to not overmix! Your dough should be thick and fudge and absolutely delicious.
Roll each little ball first in granulated sugar, then in the powdered sugar, and then bake for 10-12 minutes— until crackly and beautiful.
Make Next: Coconut Coffee Cake with Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), slightly softened*
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter with 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine until smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup of reserved sugar into a small bowl and the powdered sugar into another small bowl. Using a size 30 or 40 cookie scoop (about 2 Tablespoons), scoop dough into rounded cookie dough balls. Gently press each cookie dough ball into the sugar and then the powdered sugar**, and then place on the cookie sheet. You should be able to fit roughly 8 cookies per standard half sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies have spread and cracked.
- Stand mixer
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @femalefoodie so we can see what you’re cooking!
Chocolate crinkles are my husband’s favorite Christmas cookie so I’ve tried quite a few recipes already but now I’m done looking for the perfect recipe because this is it! Love the tip about rolling the cookie dough ball in granulated sugar before the powdered sugar, loved the look and taste of using the dark cocoa powder and the cookie’s texture is just perfection. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!!
Thank you so much Jeanelle. Your kind words are appreciated. Merry Christmas!
Made these cookies this morning and they are delicious! Female Foodie never lets me down! Thanks for another great recipe Brooke!
Just made these tonight and they were 🤤
Simple and delicious.
Thank you so much Whitney!!