So here’s the story behind these beauties:
Last summer, my family was up at Sundance Mountain Resort watching one of the Blue Bird Cafe performances that they have every summer. We were all snacking on different treats and the obvious favorite was their s’mores bars, which is a variation of these. My mom and I were eating it and, like most people who cook often, we were dissecting what went into their s’mores bars. After getting a pretty good idea, we went home to try and recreate these yummy treats. Well, let me tell. It was a success!
Our recipe is a little different. We decided to add in shredded coconut, which gives it an extra delicious flavor. And we added in more chocolate (of course). Why more chocolate? Because, why not?! The final product is an amazingly sticky, crunchy, chocolaty mess. Everything adds up perfectly and equals out to be the greatest creation of the century. Don’t believe me on that one? Well why don’t you try them yourself!
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 bag marshmallows (16 oz.)
- 1 box Golden Grahams cereal (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Grease a 9×13″ glass pan.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and heat on low until melted completely (Do not burn the marshmallows. Be sure to scrape all sides and the bottom of the pan with a heatproof rubber spatula).
- Add golden grahams and stir until completely covered.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and flatten with a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly.
- Cut into squares when cool and serve