Okay, I know what you’re thinking… “Zucchini soup? Really? This can’t be that good…” No, it really is! It’s so good it’ll leave you wanting more and more! Pretty soon you’ll be addicted, and just like my family, you’ll be looking forward to zucchini season every year. Yep, it’s THAT good.
My mother created this soup when I was a young girl. Our garden was in full bloom and our house was overflowing with fresh zucchini. We had been trying to keep up with the garden, but we couldn’t seem to use enough zucchini. Then my mom decided to make soup! Well, needless to say, it was a huge success! And ever since that summer we have been eating this soup, and loving it!
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 medium zucchini, washed and cut in rounds (with skin on)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream (depending on size of zucchini)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large soup pot; combine onion, nutmeg, and butter. Sweat onion until transparent.
- Add prepared zucchini and chicken broth and let simmer until the zucchini pieces are tender.
- Remove from heat and using a hand held food processor (or pour into a food processor or blender) blend until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.