Welcome to the best dark chocolate brownie recipe ever. Inspired by the delectable brownies served at Wild Crumb in Bozeman, Montana, these dark chocolate brownies are truly phenomenal.
Dark Chocolate Brownies
Servings 12 servings
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter (3 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Carefully line a 9×13" baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, warm the chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring regularly until both are melted. Once melted set aside.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip together the sugar and eggs on medium high speed for 3 minutes. Carefully fold the egg/sugar mixture and vanilla into the chocolate. Fold the flour, salt, and walnuts into the chocolate, just until everything is combined (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, until the middle is set and a toothpick comes out clean with a few moist crumbs in the center. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
– These brownies are best when prepared with nuts, but if cannot make them with nuts (allergies or personal preference), substitute the 1 1/2 cup of nuts with 1 1/2 cups of chopped baking chocolate or chocolate chips.
Any chance I can cut this recipe in half?
Yes absolutely! Just make it in a square 8×8 pan- you also might need to bake for a few less minutes. Enjoy 🙂
I have been looking for a no-fail, go-to brownie recipe and this is IT. It’s so indulgent and rich, and the perfect balance of cake-like and fudgy. I’m obsessed!! Thanks for the perfect brownie recipe, Brooke 🏻
Thank you so much Katie!!!
Thank you Katie!!!!