Crepes are one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast. They’re easy to make, you can have them sweet or savory, and if you make a ton you can freeze them and eat them later, hello convenience factor!
These are perfect of you’re looking to surprise someone with breakfast in bed. (*wink wink* I’m looking at you husband who doesn’t know what to do for mother’s day).
You can jazz them up any way you like, strawberries and whipped cream, blueberries and maple syrup, peanut butter and drizzled chocolate (Reese’s crepes anyone?!), apples and cinnamon, and the list could go on for days. Literally, daaaaaaayyysss.
Don’t worry I saved my favorite flavor combination for last, bananas and Nutella. That’s right NUTELLA. I don’t think I know of a single person out there who doesn’t love Nutella. If you’re out there and you don’t like Nutella I’m pretty sure you’re more rare than a magical unicorn.
So dress these crepes up any way you like! If you have any topping suggestions I’d love to hear them. I’m always on the lookout for new ones!
To get the Nutella drizzled effect just put some Nutella in a bowl and heat it for about 15 seconds and use a spoon to drizzle it over the bananas and viola, fancy crepes! Pat yourself on the back because you my friend now look like a fancy chef!
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Easy Dessert Crepe
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ Cup milk
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until thoroughly combined. Place in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes, overnight if possible. This will help your crepes not to tear.
- Lightly butter a pan and heat to medium heat. Pour about a ¼ cup of batter into the pan (if you want bigger crepes use a large pan and enough batter to coat your pan).
- Cook crepe on each side for about 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and add toppings of your choice. If you’re not planning on adding toppings right away make sure to lay each crepe on a flat surface.