You may have had a s’more or even a s’mores cookie before, but have you had THE Mackles’more cookie from Hello Robin in Seattle, Washington? Named after Seattleite Benjamin Hammond Haggerty, otherwise known as Macklemore, this cookie is well known among Emerald City locals and tourists alike.
Great news– we have the official Mackles’more cookie recipe and are so excited to share it with you. Let’s get started.
The base of the cookie is made with dark chocolate chunks (or chips if you prefer), marshmallows, and a hint of cinnamon. Housed on a graham cracker square and topped with Theo chocolate, this s’mores cookie is the campfire cookie of your dreams.
Tips for making the perfect Mackles’more
- Do not use store-brand graham crackers. They will totally burn and they don’t taste nearly as good as Honey Maid.
- Make sure to bake your cookies on the middle rack of your oven– too high or too low and the graham crackers will burn.
- Be sure to press the chocolate pieces into your cookies right as they come out of the oven! This will not only help fuse these two ingredients together, but your cookie will be nice and soft and easy to slightly flatten, and the chocolate will get all melty and warm and delicious. Swoon.
Huge thank you to Robin Martin, owner of Hello Robin and cookie extraordinaire, for kindly allowing us to re-publish this Mackles’more cookie recipe. Let us know if you make it– happy baking!
Hello Robin Mackles'more Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (70 percent), cut into chunks, or 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup packed mini marshmallows
- 36 square-sized store-bought graham crackers
- 7 1/2 ounces milk chocolate squares, halved
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside. Cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a stand mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium speed for 15 seconds after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the dark chocolate and the marshmallows.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons), scoop the dough into balls and place them close together on one of the prepared baking sheets. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the graham crackers side by side on the second prepared baking sheet. Place 1 ball of the frozen cookie dough on each graham cracker. Bake until the cookies are puffed and just turning golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately press 1 piece of milk chocolate onto each hot cookie--be sure to really press the chocolate into the soft cookie so that when it melts, it puddles on the cookie and doesn't run off.