Peaches and Cream with Cookie Crumble has quickly become a family favorite in just a few short weeks. Where has this been all my life?! The first step you have to take is to call my dad and ask him if he is willing to adopt you. However, he will probably tell you no so you’ll have to visit your local roadside stand or farmers market. Every year, my spends literally thousands of hours caring for his garden and orchard and sharing the his bountiful harvest with a select few.
About this time of year, the recipients of all of this love start cursing his name because for the past two months we’ve been chopping, dicing, canning, dehydrating, freezing, baking, etc. Our legs and backs are killing us although our bellies are happy.
Just when I thought we couldn’t eat one more peach (just kidding, there is always room for just one more tree-ripened peach,) my sister shared a recipe for Peaches and Cream with Cookie Crumble with me and I started peeling and chopping (like EVERY.DAY!)
I’m usually an ingredient purist and try to use less-processed products than packaged cookies. But, with Peaches and Cream with Cookie Crumble I’m willing to make and exception and even welcome the artificial vanilla aroma.
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 10-12 peaches
- 2 pints Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Crush or food process Nilla wafers reserving a few for garnish.
- Incorporated melted butter and sugar with cookie crumbs.
- Peel and dice peaches.
- Using mixer, whip cream adding the vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Begin by pressing part of cookie crust into serving dish, add a layer of peaches, a dollop of cream, and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs. Any serving dish works for this recipe: individual dishes, a trifle bowl, a 9 x 13 pan.
- Continue to layer ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 1-8 hours before serving.