When’s the last time you had yogurt that was swoon worthy? Yogurt that actually stopped you dead in your tracks, and gave you the same warm fuzzies that only a scoop of ice cream could? If you’ve been to Ellenos Real Greek Yogurt in Seattle, or perhaps sampled any of their yogurt in select stores across the country, then you know exactly what we’re talking about.
This family-owned business (yes, they are Greek!) opened in Pike Place Market in 2013, and they serve some of the best yogurt you will ever enjoy. Creamy, flavorful, and unlike any Greek yogurt you’ve ever had, thousands flock to Ellenos regularily to enjoy popular flavors like Marionberry, Passion Fruit, and Lemon Curd.
Classic flavors aside, we look forward to their seasonal Pumpkin Pie yogurt each year when fall rolls around. Composed of three distinct layers (pumpkin puree, Ellenos greek yogurt, and cookie crumble), it’s the perfect fall indulgence whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast on the go, a delicious snack, or something to accompany your evening wind down.
We created this Ellenos pumpkin pie yogurt copycat recipe for those who may not have access to Ellenos products, or if you’d like to prepare this delicious treat at home. Perfect for a baby or bridal shower, road trips, or just to have sitting in the fridge when the moment calls, you’re going to love having this easy recipe at your disposal.
How to make Ellenos pumpkin pie yogurt
- First: make the cookie crumble layer. Preheat your oven to 375 F, mix the dry ingredients together, and using your fingers, a pastry cutter, or two knives, cut the butter into the rest of the ingredients. Work the ingredients together until you have a crumbly, pebble-like consistency. Spread evenly onto a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake until golden brown.
- Second: make the pumpkin puree layer. Simply mix together the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and set aside.
- Third: assemble into mason jars. You’ll need four miniature, 8 oz. mason jars for this recipe. In each jar spoon the pumpkin puree, then the yogurt, and finally the cookie crumble. If you’re making this recipe in advance, store the cookie crumble in a separate place and top just before serving. You may have extra cookie crumble, which you can enjoy on yogurt, berries, or by the handful (we won’t judge).
Ellenos Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Copycat Recipe
- Four 8 oz. miniature mason jars, or similar sized containers
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup slightly softened unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt, or plain greek yogurt, sweetened with honey to taste*
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add butter to dry ingredients, and combine all ingredients using a pastry cutter, two knives, or your hands, until the mixture is crumbly and pieces are pebble-sized. Bake on a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet for 8-12 minutes, tossing with a spatula half-way through, and removing from the oven when the crumble is golden brown.
- While the crumble is baking, make the pumpkin puree layer. Mix the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl and set aside.
- For assembly: divide the pumpkin puree evenly between four 8 oz. mason jars on bottom (about 1/4 cup per jar). Next add 1/2 cup yogurt to each jar on top of pumpkin layer. Finally, add the cookie crumble on top (about 1/3 cup per jar).**