This 5 Ingredient Cake Batter Dip is so simple to make, you’ll make it all the time. First I use sumptuous mascarpone. Mascarpone is a spectacular Italian cream cheese. However, it’s easier to spread and doesn’t have cream cheese’s signature tang. Its mild flavor doesn’t overshadow the cake batter flavor like cream cheese. Don’t substitute the mascarpone for cream cheese unless you’re desperate! Lastly, you must get the cutest sprinkles ever! I love Amy Sedaris’ “I Like You Cupcake Sprinkles” from Fishs Eddy. Have fun!
- 1 1/2 cups pre-made white cake mix
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 8 oz cold mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp milk
- pinch of salt for taste
- In a standing mixer fixed with a whisk attachment, combine the cream, mascarpone, vanilla and salt. Start whisking the mixture at low speed for about 1 minute, then increase to medium-high. Beat until the mixture has firm peaks.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the cake mix in 1/2 cup increments and 1 tsp milk for every addition. Ensure that all ingredients are thoroughly mixed before adding another 1/2 cup.
- Chill for 3 hours. Garnish with sprinkles and serve with shortbread, graham crackers, strawberries or any other plain, sweet cookies.