Sometimes, you just need a really, really, really big sheet pan of fancy schmancy nachos all for yoself.
Okay, maybe you’ll need some help.
But you guys. These loaded buffalo chicken nachos are forrealsies, through and through, the best dang nachos I’ve ever had.
My *favorite* multigrain tortilla chips (these ones!!) are loaded with a seriously easy pulled buffalo chicken (made in the crockpot, win), buffalo sauce, avocado chunks, jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, and sour cream. Oh yes.
And really…this is a ridiculously simple recipe. Like, not even a recipe! (And those are the best, amiright?) Just a lil’ flavor guide for ya today.
So this buffalo thing. I was always kind of scared of buffalo sauce (even though I’d never had it) because me and spicy things DO NOT get along. Spicy things make my nose run and my eyes cry and sometimes you can’t even really taste your food because it’s so dang hot, you know? Predicament.
But then, at my old job a couple months ago, there was free pizza for lunch, and a box of buffalo chicken alfredo pizza was sitting on a table. It lured me in. It was very intriguing, I was very hungry, and it sounded like a good idea, despite my wariness of spicy things.
And then (!!!!) I took a bite. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I LOVED IT. The buffalo sauce was not nearly as hot as I anticipated, and I loved how it was slightly tangy & vinegary (my gosh, it went so well on top of a pizza with alfredo sauce – must. make. soon!).
And then somehow, a couple months later, my brain went buffalo chicken alfredo pizza –> buffalo chicken –> loaded buffalo chicken nachos. Just like that! Or something.
Anyway, moral of the story: you simply MUST try these nachos. It is a requirement. Go get ’em.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 c buffalo sauce
- tortilla chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- diced avocado
- Place chicken breasts and buffalo sauce in a small crockpot on the lowest setting and cook for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken and then place back in the crockpot until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Spread tortilla chips across a large sheet pan. Evenly spread & layer the shredded chicken & cheeses on top of the tortilla chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 4-5 minutes, until all the cheese is melted. Drizzle sour cream over the nachos, and sprinkle some sliced green onions and diced avocado over the top. Enjoy!