Okay, maybe you’ll need some help.
But you guys. These loaded buffalo chicken nachos are forrealsies, through and through, the best dang nachos I’ve ever had.these ones!!) are loaded with a seriously easy pulled buffalo chicken (made in the crockpot, win), buffalo sauce, avocado chunks, jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, green onions, and sour cream. Oh yes.
And really…this is a ridiculously simple recipe. Like, not even a recipe! (And those are the best, amiright?) Just a lil’ flavor guide for ya today.
But then, at my old job a couple months ago, there was free pizza for lunch, and a box of buffalo chicken alfredo pizza was sitting on a table. It lured me in. It was very intriguing, I was very hungry, and it sounded like a good idea, despite my wariness of spicy things.
And then (!!!!) I took a bite. AND IT WAS AMAZING. I LOVED IT. The buffalo sauce was not nearly as hot as I anticipated, and I loved how it was slightly tangy & vinegary (my gosh, it went so well on top of a pizza with alfredo sauce – must. make. soon!).
Anyway, moral of the story: you simply MUST try these nachos. It is a requirement. Go get ’em.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 c buffalo sauce
- tortilla chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- diced avocado
- Place chicken breasts and buffalo sauce in a small crockpot on the lowest setting and cook for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken and then place back in the crockpot until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to low broil.
- Spread tortilla chips across a large sheet pan. Evenly spread & layer the shredded chicken & cheeses on top of the tortilla chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 4-5 minutes, until all the cheese is melted. Drizzle sour cream over the nachos, and sprinkle some sliced green onions and diced avocado over the top. Enjoy!