We know, we know– no bake energy bites were so 2014, but we’re here to tell you that these ones are actually worth making. Made with wholesome, delicious ingredients (all that you most likely have in your pantry) with a few key enhancements this is the no bake energy bite recipe of your dreams.
No bake energy bites call for just a handful of ingredients you most likely already have:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (but you can totally use sweetened too!)
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Flake salt
How To Make No Bake Energy Bites
- Gather all of your ingredients and a stand mixer. You can certainly make these by hand but for best results we always recommend a stand mixer.
- Measure and pour everything into the stand mixer. This recipe is forgiving, so feel free to make swaps such as peanut butter for almond butter, chocolate chips for raisins, vanilla extract for coconut extract, and so on.
- Mix everything together until combined and roll into golf ball sized balls. A 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop makes this part of the process tremendously easier!
- Pop the energy bites into the refrigerator for an hour, which allows them to firm up. If you want a nice and rounded look to your final product, roll each energy bite between your hands to smooth the surface. Sprinkle the tops of the energy bites with flaky sea salt and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Energy Bites?
Energy bites are good in the fridge for up to two weeks in the fridge, and store fantastically in the freezer. Just make the energy bites as directed in the recipe, allow them to firm up in the fridge for an hour, then transfer to a ziplock bag or sealable container before transferring to the freezer.
No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- Stand mixer
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sea salt flakes for garnish
- Place all the oats, peanut butter, coconut flakes, honey, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, combine until all ingredients are combined.
- Using a 1 1/2 Tablespoon cookie scoop (size 40), scoop all of the dough into golf ball-sized rounds and place on a plate or cookie sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll between hands to achieve smooth, sphere-like shape. Sprinkle the tops of the energy bites with flaky sea salt. Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks and frozen for up to three months.