Have you ever woken up in the morning and thought, I really need to eat something healthy today? I’ve been there and I’ve looked at that kale smoothie recipe and thought no kale, I just can’t. Enter my new found love, acai bowls. These little bowls are delicious and nutritious! Rhyme thyme…ha! See what I did there?!
Anyway, when I’m not making up clever rhymes and I need a healthy snack I’ll make an acai bowl. There are a ton of flavor combinations you can have with these you can literally put any fruit you want in them and they will be delicious. For this recipe I used bananas, Orange Juice, and peanut butter.
Why the peanut butter? I’m glad you asked! Because I like to eat this for breakfast I need protein to give me enough energy and keep me full enough to make it to lunch. Peanuts are a great source of protein and they’re delicious! The saltiness of the peanut butter also draws out the delicious fruity flavor of the acai so it’s win win!
I topped this with strawberries, granola, and coconut chips. I’ll admit that I ate several handfuls of granola and coconut chips out of the bag before they even got to the bowl. They’re delicious and I couldn’t help myself!
- 2 Packets Frozen Sambazon Pure Acai Berry
- 1 Banana cut in half
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar (Can substitute Honey)
- Sliced strawberries (for topping)
- Granola and Coconut Chips (for toppings)
- Run warm water over acai packets for 10 seconds. Break acai up and place pieces in blender.
- Add 1/2 banana, orange juice, peanut butter and agave nectar to blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into bowl and top with banana, granola, coconut chips and strawberries