Reese’s Pieces cookies are the ultimate peanut butter lover’s cookie.
Made with a few staple ingredients, creamy peanut butter, and (of course) Reese’s Pieces candy, you’re going to love these irresistibly soft and delicious cookies.
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Cookies
1- Make the dough. Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the creamy peanut butter (you want the sugary, delicious stuff that you could eat by the spoonful– no natural peanut butter in this recipe!) and mix until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix again, and finally add all of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in 1 cup of the Reese’s Pieces candy by hand and save the rest for later.
2- Scoop the dough into balls. Using a size 16 cookie scoop (you can usually see this small number printed on the actual wiper), scoop all of the dough into cookie dough balls and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate the Reese’s Pieces cookie dough balls for one hour. Preheat the oven to 350°F while the dough is chilling.
3- Bake the Reese’s Pieces Cookies. Line a standard half sheet pan with parchment paper and place 6 of the cookie dough balls on the sheet in two evenly spaced rows. Press 5-6 of the reserved Reese’s Pieces candy into the top of each dough ball (or, alternatively you could do this step when the cookies still have 2-3 minutes to bake for the most aesthetically pleasing result) and bake for 10-12 minutes. You’ll know the Reese’s Pieces cookies are done when you can smell them and the edges and bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
4- Eat the cookies. Let the cookies cool slightly and enjoy warm. These are still delicious when completely cooled, but there is something particularly life-changing about consuming them warm. The combination of the warm, peanut buttery cookie with the dreamy and melty Reese’s Pieces combined with the crunchy exterior of the candy shell is just . . . magic.
Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 2 large eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz. Reese's Pieces Candy (about 1 1/2 cups), divided
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth. Add the peanut butter and combine until smooth. Add the eggs and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until just combined. Remove the paddle attachment and mix 1 cup of the Reese's Pieces candy into the dough by hand.
- Scoop cookies into 1/4 cup cookie dough balls (size 16 cookie scoop), and refrigerate for one hour. While cookie dough is refrigerating, preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard half sheet baking sheet with parchment paper and place 6 cookie dough balls on top in two rows. Press 5-6 Reese's Pieces into the top of the cookie dough balls.**
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges and bottom of the cookies are golden brown. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until all the cookies are baked. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.