I love s’mores because it’s not only all about the experience behind the s’more, but it’s also about the way the different components meet. The marshmallow gets that smoky, crisp outter layer and is filled with pure, sugary, mallow creme. When the hot mallow meets the chocolate, the creme and the chocolate melt together and is surrounded by crunchy graham, making one perfect bite.
We all know the classic taste of the s’more is a clear Summer-time winner. But have you ever made a Reese’s S’more??
My Reese’s S’mores Cookie Bars are the perfect way to not only try out this perfect combination, but an excellent way to share the joy! Cookie bars are a staple to any summer gathering with friends and family. They provide a delicious treat while taking such little time to prepare.
With a graham cracker cookie base, this treat is loaded with gooey marshmallows, melty Reese’s peanut butter cups, salty peanuts and a drizzle of chocolate sweetened condensed milk.
See that stretch of gooey goodness there?? That is where my heart fell in love.
I spy a sneaky husband in the background of my shoot… LOL. He got a perfect stretch of marshmallow, back there though, right??I don’t blame him for sneaking a taste, though. These babies are so delicious. See for yourself!
- – 1 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- – 1/3 cup chocolate sweetened condensed milk, plus extra for drizzling
- – 1/2 cup melted butter
- – 1 bag Reese’s peanut butter cup miniatures
- – 2 whole graham crackers
- – 2 cups mini marshmallows
- – 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- **If making chocolate sweetened condensed milk, use 1/3 cup regular sweet condensed milk and 2 Tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted. **
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet/casserole dish (I used a 15.25×10.25 sheet, I don’t suggest going bigger than this) with parchment paper. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/3 cup chocolate sweetened condensed milk with a fork until it forms a ball. Place the ball on the parchment paper, and press the dough with your hands to create the cookie crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is pre-baking, unwrap the Reese’s and roughly chop them. Slightly crush the 2 graham crackers.Remove the crust from the oven. Drizzle a bit of the extra choc. sweetened conds. milk on top of the cookie crust.
- Sprinkle the chopped Reese’s, thenthe crushed grahams, followed by the marshmallows and the peanuts. Bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove the cookie bars from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the bars and serve.