There is pecan pie and then there is chocolate pecan pie. Tupelo Honey has been serving this pie to their guests at their Asheville and their several other locations for years, and it’s no wonder why so many people are head-over-heels for this pie. The crust is flaky and delicious, and the chocolate pecan filling is decadent perfection.
We love this Tupelo Honey chocolate pecan pie because it’s not only delicious but incredibly easy to make. Make your dough in less than five minutes, allow it to chill for one hour, make the filling in less than 10 minutes, and bake. Easy as pie.
Tupelo Honey Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (one stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons Tupelo Honey*
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 cups pecan halves (about 6 oz.)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine the flour, salt and sugar. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. Add the ice water in a slow stream, pulsing the mixture no more than 30 seconds, until it begins to form a ball.
- Remove the dough from the processor and wrap in plastic wrap and flatten with the palm of your hand. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When ready to use, roll out on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin to roll into an 11-inch pie crust. Lay it in a 10-inch pie pan, and crimp the edges. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to fill. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, and honey, mixing well. Stir in the melted butter. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Top with pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake the pie, rotating halfway through cooking, for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the crust is brown and the pie filling is bubbly. Let cool slightly and serve pie warm with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.