Spice Affair has become one of LA’s rare successful Indian fusion restaurants that exudes class as well as ethnic tradition. The modern restaurant opened about two years ago along La Cienega’s Restaurant Row in Beverly Hills. Spice Affair has grown to receive 4+ star ratings from almost every major site as well as some pretty famous visits, such as George R. R. Martin. With good Indian food being so hard to come by in Los Angeles, Spice Affair is a must.
The service and ambience are excellent. Servers are attentive and professional, and always have delicious recommendations. The interior includes private dining rooms as well as a banquet hall for events. The ambience is dimly lit with lavish walls with a modern elegance. Parking on this part of La Cienega can be tough, so I strongly suggest taking advantage of their valet during dinner time.
The price is relatively high for the casual diner. I feel it is reasonable for what is described above as a modern restaurant in Beverly Hills. They have plenty of gluten-free and vegan options for those restricted by diet, clearly labeled on their menus.
Open for lunch and dinner, you can choose between very traditional Indian favorites like Tikka Masala and Biryani or try fusion favorites like Chargrilled Lobster or Coco-Li-Flower (crispy cauliflower). I have yet to dislike anything from Spice Affair, so here are some favorites of mine:
- Lamb Samosa (seasoned minced lamb stuffed turnovers)
- Artichoke Hearts from Tandoor (marinated and grilled artichoke hearts)
- Coco-Li-Flower (crispy cauliflower in tangy coconut sauce)
- Chargrilled Lobster (yogurt marinated lobster tails grilled in the tandoor)
- Truffle Oil Chicken Tikka (chicken marinated with hung yogurt and truffle oil)
- Butter Chicken Loaded with Love (shredded tandoori chicken with signature tomato sauce)
- Shrimp and Scallops Moilee (shrimp and scallops coconut and pepper curry)
- Dum Chicken Biryani (boneless chicken, basmati rice in saffron)
- Naan (butter naan with garlic and chives)
Lunch: Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:30pm
Fri & Sat: 5:00pm-11:30pm