Tacos are a huge part of LA foodie life. Being by the ocean and so close to Mexico, we have interpreted a lot of Mexican cuisine in our comfort foods. Add a celebrity name to it and you get Trejo’s Tacos. I was skeptical of this place, at first, because of our saturation of taco joints that are either not good or not authentic. However, Trejo’s Tacos surprised me. Trejo’s is definitely more of a modern, Los Angeles taco joint, but it still provides comfort of Mexican favorites.
Trejo’s Tacos Favorites
- Blackened Salmon = white corn, cherry tomato, slaw, orange cream, cilantro
- Pulled Beef Brisket = tortilla strips, pico de gallo, cotija cheese
- Steak Asada = toasted pepita pesto, slaw
- Carnitas with Grilled Pineapple = slow roasted pork, red onion, cilantro, charred pineapple, fermented red chile sauce
- Fried Chicken* = served on a lettuce cup, slaw, chipotle cream, pico de gallo
- Black Pepper Tofu* = caramelized shallots, serrano chilies, scallions, pickled onions, cilantro
- Rainbow Cauliflower = corn, cashew cream, pickled onion, micro cilantro
- Grilled Chicken Quesadilla = whole wheat tortilla, mexican cheese blend
- Iced Cochata* = cold brew coffee, horchata
- Coolhaus Ice Cream Sandwiches = I have had these for years and am so happy to see them at various restaurants all over LA. Try any of them!
*my personal favoritesTrejo’s Tacos (1048 S. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90019), 323-938-8226