What we ordered:
- Chocolate potato doughnuts- because what is a breakfast in Portland without a delicious donut? The decadent, sugary sauce (?) served alongside was to die for.
- Maple bacon wrapped dates- with a sneaky almond hidden in the middle.
- Tasty steak & cheddar eggs- one of the best things we had. The cornmeal pancake paired with jalapeño butter was something we had never experienced before.
- Breakfast board- if you’re a fan of charcuterie boards you’ll love the spin Tasty n Sons does on this dish! Ours came with fresh bread, bacon, soft boiled eggs, beets, grapes, and a side of foie gras.
- Burmese red pork stew- we’ll venture to say this was the best thing on the breakfast/brunch menu. Picture delicious stewed pork served with rice and an over-easy egg. Say hello to your new favorite breakfast.
Things We Want To Order Next Time:
- Smoked salmon hash- with horseradish and an over easy egg? Come to mama.
- Shakshuka- we eyed several other diners with this breakfast item and concurred that it looked amazing.
- Chilaquiles- there is nothing better than chilaquiles done right and, assuming that this dish is just as “on par” with the rest, we can’t wait to try it.
- Auntie Paula’s French Toast- four words: pear. maple. whipped. cream.
An incredible place to eat in Portland whether you’re with a group of girlfriends, family, or dining solo. Thanks for the delicious brunch, Tasty n Sons. We can’t wait to come back!Tasty n Sons (3808 N. Williams, Suite C, Portland, OR // 503.621.1400)