I can single handedly attribute all my love for food to my mom (you may know her as A Bountiful Kitchen). Since before I can remember we constantly had delicious homemade food. My mom taught me how to make a perfect chocolate chip cookie, fluffy scrambled eggs, my first pot roast, homemade french bread, and the list goes on.
And aside from all of the delicious homemade nomming, we ate out on vacation or on the weekends. I’ll never forget driving around in our family Surburban with all six of us. My dad would pull up to a spot and send my mom in so should could “scope it out”. Give it a minute or two and she’d come back out to the car with either a nod of approval or a look of skepticism.
All stories aside, if you want to show your mom that you love her this week, one surefire way to make her day is to take her out for a delicious meal. I’ve compiled a list that my mum and I have enjoyed over the years together (all but #2- looks like we need to check that off next time!). Happy Mother’s Day Mom. I love you!
10. If your mom loves soup and salad: Desert Edge Brewerybest sandwiches in SLC)- thick slices of deli turkey sandwiched between rye, sourdough, or wheat, and served with delicious fresh avocado and tomato slices. Read our full review on The Pub for more details on the menu! Desert Edge Brewery (273 Trolley Square, Salt Lake City, UT // 801.521.8917)
9. If your mom is hip: Rye Diner & Drinksread our full review on RYE for the delicious details. Mom is going to love this one! Rye Diner & Drinks (239 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, UT // 801.364.4655)
8. If your mom is into comfort food: Sweet Lake Biscuits & LimeadeTop 10 Places to Eat in SLC! Opened for breakfast and lunch every day, this Salt Lake City restaurant is definitely on my mom’s list of favorites! My mom is a huge biscuit lover and she thinks that Sweet Lake has the “best biscuits in SLC” (direct quote). We love The Hoss- a biscuit with fried chicken breast, egg, bacon, cheddar, sausage gravy, and green onions. My mama especially loves their hand made limeade too. Sweet Lake Biscuits & Limeade (54 West 1700 South, Salt Lake City, UT // 801.997.9220)
7. If your mom likes to guac and roll: Lonestarfrom this list, whether upscale, divey, or classic! And one of our favorite spots for a delicious and flavorful lunch or dinner is at Lone Star Taqueria, located on Fort Union Boulevard at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon! Start off your meal with delicious chips and guac, followed by a quesadilla, carnitas burrito, or better yet their fish tacos, prepared with the “fish of the day” cabbage, pico de gallo, and served with a side of creamy jalapeno cilantro dipping sauce. Lone Star Taqueria (2265 Fort Union Boulevard, SLC // 801.944.2300)
6. If your mom is adventurous: Oh MaiOh Mai (3425 State St, South Salt Lake, UT // 801.467.6882)
5. If your mom is into carbs: Tulie Bakery
best bakeries in SLC) but for starters I recommend picking a couple things out of their case- the fresh fruit tart or chocolate bouchon, and then ordering something warm off of their breakfast or lunch menu. I love their warm panini sandwiches. Make sure to check out their new location on 15th and 15th. I don’t know a mom who wouldn’t swoon over breakfast or lunch at Tulie. Tulie Bakery (863 East 700 South // 801.883.9741)
4. If your mom is a sushi aficionado: Takashia lost of my top ten, but Takashi forever sits at the top, and for good reason. We love the calamari, gyoza, and miso soup for starters. My personal favorite menu items are the nigiri sampler, the crunchy ebi roll (tempura shrimp with tobiko), and the sunshine roll (salmon and thin lemon slices- my mom’s absolute favorite). Take your mum here for sushi and she will love you forever. Takashi (18 West Market Street, Salt Lake City, UT // 801.519.9595)
3. If your mom is feeling a burger: From ScratchTop 15 Burgers in SLC) ties in both elements serving up several beautiful burgers that not only look gorgeous but taste delicious too! Start with the risotto appetizer and finish things off with the Egg Burger (my favorite!). Two eggs, chopped onions, mustard aioli, & smoked cheddar, served on a thick beef patty and a salty home made side of scratch fries. Mom will not want to share this with you. Read our full review on From Scratch for menu details. From Scratch (62 East Gallivan Ave. Salt Lake City, UT // 801.961.9000)
2. If your mom is a health nut: Roots CafeRead our full review on Roots for menu details! Our favorites include the peeto breakfast sandwich, the omelets, their enormous and delicious buckwheat pancakes, or the beautiful mixed berry crepes! Picture warm crepes filled with a citrus infused ricotta served with warm berry sauce on the top. 100% mom approved. Root’s Cafe (3474 S 2300 E, Salt Lake City, UT // 801.277.6499)
1. If your mom loves pizza: SettebelloTop 10 Places to Eat in SLC and Top 10 Slices of Pizza in SLC)! With pizza cooked in a wood fired oven, fresh and delicious toppings including fresh mozzarella, crushed tomatoes, and basil, there is nothing in my book that screams “mom” more! Take her here for lunch or dinner and start with the insalata- it’s a nice blend of greens, parm, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. For an entree make sure that mom gets her own pizza. If it’s her first time she’ll love the margherita. And don’t you dare let her leave without dessert! Either nutella pizza or a scoop of gelato! Love you mom. Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana (260 South 200 West, Salt Lake City // 801.322.3556)
Thanks for reading! Did you like this post?? Make sure to download our FREE bucket list of 100 restaurants to try in Salt Lake City!