Hey Foodies! Here is your weekly dose of Female Foodie Friday, a list of personal highlights on my FAVORITE day of the week, food related or not. This post contains affiliate links.
Highs of the Week
- Shared some bigggggg news on the interwebs this week! It took me forever to get around to announcing it but I can definitely say it feels great to get that off my
- A treat you should never not have while you’re in Hawaii.
- Ate one of the bessssst Reuben sandwiches I have had in a good while. I took a video of myself enjoying it NBD.
- My favorite simple black sneakers.
- Really enjoyed this episode of the Bon Appetit podcast this week which got me QUITE excited for Super Bowl chow (see my menu plans below).
Lows of the Week
- Taxes. We are about 90% done people but good grief they have taken FOREVER.
- My baby is as big as a grapefruit today. I flipping love grapefruit.
- Finally ordered myself some tall maternity jeans- crossing my fingers that these work!
- Trimester one recap: just the worst. Not as bad as some though. I had the classic nausea, aversions, everythingsmelledterrible.
- Trimester two: currently here and 23 weeks as of today! I feel SO much better. More energy, all foods sound good to me, thankfully not sick. Craving citrus and random salty things like breakfast sandwiches and pizza (but that’s not new). Lots of heartburn (also not new, #omeprazole forever), back pain starting, sleeping isn’t as easy as it used to be, and at least once or twice a week I wake up absolutely starving in the middle of the night.
- My doctor gave me some suspicious drink this week for a glucose screening test at the end of the month. Asking for collective prayers that I won’t have gestational diabetes or all hell is going to break loose.
- Names: we don’t have a name picked for our little peanut. But we are trying to come up with a running list of names that we somewhat agree on. We are waiting until baby boy Eliason makes his appearance and will likely name him the day he is born.
- Things I love about pregnancy: 1) It’s truly miraculous to know that there is a tiny human inside of me and feeling squirms/kicks is awesome. 2) I love seeing Cody excited about this baby. He is going to be an amazing dad. 3) My sis is preggo also and that has been really fun. This is her third baby so she’s sharing all of her pro pregnancy tips with me.
- Things I don’t love about pregnancy: 1) Not fitting in my clothes. I know this is such a given but some of my loosest shirts are now tight. What the heck. 2) Not being able to run (it just doesn’t feel good), or sign up for races. For the last 5 years or so I’ve been training in the spring for some sort of race. Cody is training for his first marathon though and it has been really fun to live vicariously through him. Also carbo-loading is important for growing a baby right? 3) I don’t love getting tired easier and then not being able to sleep well. It’s quite the vicious cycle.
- I also love this app/website so I can tell which size of fruit my baby is each week and learn all kinds of interesting things. It makes me feel super smart/informed.
What I’m Making For The Super Bowl
- Classic guacamole
- We have frozen leftovers from this pulled pork recipe that we used over Christmas break and I am sooooo excited to whip them out.
- Mac and cheese duh. Trying this recipe from a Bon Appetit.
- The yummiest and easiest homemade coleslaw. Because we like our pulled pork on buns with a little bit of bbq sauce and a scoop of slaw- just the perfect combination.
- Trader Joe’s vanilla fudge chip ice cream + testing out their box brownie mix. I try to keep things fairly simple on Sunday.
And Just In Case You Missed It
- San Antonio: Chela’s Tacos
- Honolulu: Leonard’s Bakery
- Top 15 Spots for Vegetarian Food in Milwaukee
- Portland: Michael Jordan’s Steakhouse
- Top 10 Healthy Restaurants in Salt Lake City
- Orange County: Centro Collective