When the winter doldrums and produce are getting you down and you need something to give your mood and palate a little boost, make this grapefruit avocado salad with prosciutto. The combination of the housemade grapefruit vinaigrette paired with thick wedges of tangy grapefruit, creamy avocado, and ribbons of savory prosciutto are bound to make any ho-hum day a better one.
More Of Our Favorite Salad Recipes
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Peach Burrata Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Blueberry Pecan Salad With Maple Balsamic
- Simple Kale Salad With Pine Nuts & Parm
Grapefruit Avocado Salad with Prosciutto
- 1 large grapefruit
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 5 oz arugula (roughly 5 cups, loosely packed)
- ½ large avocado, cut into ½” wedges
- ⅛-⅓ lb of prosciutto, thinly sliced
- flaky sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for garnish
- Using a knife, cut off the ends of the grapefruit, then place one of the flat surfaces directly on top of the cutting board and cut off the skin and pith off the sides of the grapefruit. Cut wedges out of the grapefruit, using the membranes between each slide as a guide, and set aside.
- Squeeze the grapefruit peels that have any remaining grapefruit on them and 1 or 2 wedges of the grapefruit if necessary until you have 1 ½ tablespoons of grapefruit juice. Place juice in a large bowl and to the bowl add the extra virgin olive oil, honey, and kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste. Whisk ingredients together and toss the fresh arugula into the grapefruit vinaigrette with tongs.
- Plate the dressed arugula onto a platter or large plate, and carefully assemble the wedges of grapefruit and avocado on top. Cut the slices of prosciutto in half width-wise and gently place them in ribbony clusters throughout the top of the salad.
- Garnish the salad with a few cranks of fresh cracked pepper and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @femalefoodie so we can see what you’re cooking!