I’ve partnered with West Valley City to bring you this post featuring the BEST things you can enjoy at the Wasatch International Food Festival this summer. Let me know what you’re most excited for in the comments!
8. Dining: Cafe IndiaCafe India will be serving up her delicious Tandoori chicken (pictured above). It’s marinated with Tandoori rub, ginger & garlic paste, yogurt, coriander, cumin, chili powder and lemon juice and grilled to perfection!
7. Live Music: New Soul BrigadeNew Soul Brigade will bring to the Wasatch International Food Festival this year. New Soul Brigade is a high energy band with amazing instrumentals, vocals, and presentation that will leave everyone dancing to songs they know and love including jazz, classic rock, hip hop, alternative, and current top hits.
6. Dining: U-Swirl Frozen Yogurt and Rocky Mountain Chocolate FactoryU-Swirl from Draper. Come to the Wasatch International Food Festival ready to enjoy ice old fro-yo form U-Swirl and famous Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel dipped apples. Divide and conquer with a friend or (if you’re like me) get one of each! My favorite combination is chocolate frozen yogurt (or classic tart depending on my mood) with fresh strawberries, coconut, and chocolate chips!
5. Art: Mayan Chocolate PotsUtah Museum of Fine Arts (UMFA) from my days at the University of Utah and I’m so excited that they’ll be at the Wasatch International Food Festival this year! In conjunction with their ongoing Mesoamerican Art exhibition will be a Mayan Chocolate Pot decorating class. After learning about a 1,000-year-old Mayan chocolate pot in the UMFA collection, you’ll be able decorate your own chocolate cup with Mayan designs and glyphs. The best part? You get to take home your own recipe for spicy Mayan hot chocolate!
4. Dining: CupbopCupbop is one of my favorite food trucks in all of Salt Lake City! I’m a huge fan of everything on their menu but if I had to pick one favorite it would be the “combo” cup, which comes with two choices of meat, served with rice, lettuce, and noodles. Cupbop employees will ask what level of spiciness you want on a scale of 1-10. I always go with a six!
3. Live Music: Steel BadgerSteel Badger. Steel Badger started in Ephraim, Utah, were their band was primarily composed of music majors attending Snow College. Starting out their career playing at the Ephraim campus, Steel Badger quickly became a local favorite. Prepare yourself to rock and roll to some of your most favorite and nostalgic hits from the 80’s with Steel Badger!
2. Dining: San Diablo Artisan ChurrosSan Diablo Artisan Churros then now is your chance! At the Wasatch International Food Festival they’ll be serving their hot and fresh homemade churros that are prepared to golden crispy perfection. Each of them are coated with sugar and freshly ground cinnamon, and filled with anything from dulce de leche to nutella to sweet cream. If this isn’t reason enough to attend the Wasatch International Food Festival then I don’t know what is!
1. Art: Community Mural
We cannot wait to join friends, families, and neighbors at the Wasatch International Food Festival this year! Don’t miss out on our special giveaway that I’ll be hosting on Instagram on August 6th at 8:00 p.m. MST for the chance to win a pair of tickets to the Wasatch International Food Festival!