Pistachio cookies are easy to make and have incredible flavor. When combined with semisweet wafers (Guittard is our favorite), brown butter, and the perfect garnish of flake salt, these cookies are truly irresistible.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Coffee Cake Cookies
- Frosted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate wafers*, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, plus more for topping
- flake salt, for garnish
Brown The Butter
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and melt. As it melts, the butter will crackle and brown specks will start to form on the bottom of the pan. Use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan as the specks develop and the aroma of your butter is toasty and nutty. Once the specks are a deep brown color, remove saucepan from heat, transfer butter to a heatproof dish, and allow to cool slightly.
Prepare & Chill The Dough
- In a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, combine the brown butter and sugars until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, and kosher salt and mix until just combined (it's okay if there are a few streaks of flour remaining). Add 2 cups of semisweet wafers and 1/2 cup of roasted pistachios and mix by hand until just combined.
- Using a size 16 cookie scoop (roughly 1/4 cup), scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet. Press additional chocolate wafers and pistachios into the tops of each ball of cookie dough (optional but recommended). Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or overnight.
Bake The Cookies
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F for 30 minutes prior to baking. Place 6 cookies on a parchment-lined, rimmed cookie sheet, and bake each sheet for 10-12 minutes at a time, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottoms, edges, and slightly on the top. Remove from oven and garnish with flake salt. Allow to cool slightly and serve warm.
- Stand mixer
- rimmed cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @femalefoodie so we can see what you’re cooking!