Can you believe that 2016 has come and gone? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was hanging out with a group of friends on NYE counting down to 2k16. 2016 has been an incredible year here at Female Foodie. After lots of positive encouragement from my sweet hubs, I opened an application to the public for other food and photography enthusiasts to become a member of Female Foodie, or now known as Female Foodie Elite- a group of now nearly 35 women who share a passion for all things food.Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Kansas City, and Washington DC.
We have also launched several Instagram communities aside from the original @femalefoodie account so that you can keep up with all of the delicious food in Salt Lake City, Utah County, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Dallas, San Antonio, and Chicago, with more to come later this year in Austin, New York, Washington DC, and Portland.
Things to Expect from Female Foodie in 2017:
- More guide or “list” posts. We love how excited our readers have been over tackling a list of places to eat in different cities! For 2017 we plan to shift more toward these posts while still incorporating individual restaurant posts as needed.
- More bucket lists! Yes, please! This year we provided free bucket lists of 100 restaurants to try in Salt Lake City and Los Angeles! Next up = Orange County, San Francisco, New York City, and Austin!
- Less recipes. Yes. A sad moment for myself and others on the team, but we’ve made this decision after much thought with keeping our strong vision and brand for Female Foodie in mind.
- An open enrollment for readers to join Female Foodie Elite! We will share this exciting announcement with details in the beginning of January. Couldn’t be more excited!
- More cities. We love how excited our readers are to travel and prioritize delicious food wherever they are. We look forward to growing our team to more locations while providing the same, trustworthy and quality content.
- Continuing Female Foodie Friday every single week! I love sharing the bits and pieces that make my life great with you!
- More interaction with YOU. There’s nothing that means more to me than a “hello” from a reader in the grocery store, or a kind comment on a post, or just knowing that you’re there, reading along. It means so much to me and even if it isn’t much, I can’t say THANK YOU enough!
Moving on- I hope you enjoy this conglomeration of the most popular and favorite posts from 2016! Thanks again for a fantastic year and here’s to 2017!
Most Viewed Guide Posts of 2016
These are the guide or list posts that were viewed the most online in 2016.
Most Viewed Restaurant Posts of 2016
These are the restaurant posts that were viewed the most in 2016.
4. From Scratch
Most Viewed Recipe Posts of 2016
These are the recipes that were viewed the most in 2016.
10. Twix Cupcakes
My Favorite Posts of 2016
These are the posts that, for no particular rhyme or reason, I enjoyed creating the most in 2016.
Happy New Year friends and family! Thanks for the continued love and support. With love, Brooke